- Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.
- Don’t let tradition paralyze your mind. Be receptive to new ideas. Be experimental. Try new approaches. Be progressive in everything you do.
- Ask yourself daily, “How can I do better?” There is no limit to self-improvement. When you ask yourself, “How can I do better?” sound answers will appear. Try it and see.
- Ask yourself, “How can I do more?” Capacity is a state of mind. Asking yourself this question puts your mind to work to find intelligent short-cuts. The success combination in business is: Do what you do better (improve the quality of your output), and do more of what you do (increase the quantity of your output.)
- Practise asking and listening. Ask and listen and you’ll obtain raw material for reaching sound decisions. Remember: Big people monopolize the listening; small people monopolize the talking.
- Stretch your mind. Get stimulated. Associate with people who can help you to think of new ideas, new way of doing things. Mix with people of different occupational and social interests.
But out of limitations comes creativity.
Taken from ‘The Magic of Thinking Big’ by David J Schwartz.